Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Environment

It’s funny how quickly you become a product of your environment. Last night Lou and I couldn’t sleep so we got up to go to the bathroom and get a drink. Someone called an ant convention to be held in our bathroom. The large ants were everywhere, all over the bathroom floor and the toilet. As Lou stepped out of the bathroom, she just casually mentioned the ants, no big deal. When I went in I couldn’t believe that Lou sat in the middle of an ant convention to pee. I got some bug spray and ended the meeting.

A couple of minutes later I was pouring some soda
when she said to me, “Martin, there is a giant roach out here do you think I should kill it?” Now normally a giant roach in our house would solicit a whole lot more excitement and concern.

I told her she should probably kill it. She said, “too late it’s already gone.”, So I asked where it went? She replied in again in a gentle relaxed tone, “Oh it headed down the hall towards our bedroom.” Lou has definitely become a product of this environment.

The openess of the homes here is great, the breeze blows through the house all the time but nature is up close a personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment